[XeTeX] Hyphenation in XeTeX polyglossia

Bogdan Burlacu froz3nshade at gmail.com
Sun May 17 11:54:17 CEST 2009

Hello everyone,

I'm having trouble getting hyphenation to work, using TexLive 2008
("vanilla" install using the texlive installer).

I checked language.dat and it appears to be ok (it has the line loading
hyphenation for my language, romanian, as it was added automatically
when I installed the hyphen-romanian package with tlmgr).

I tried fmtutil --all and other hints found with google but it's always
the same:

Package polyglossia Warning: No hyphenation patterns were loaded for
`Romanian'

(polyglossia)                I will use the patterns loaded for
\language=0 (polyglossia)                instead on input line 6.

It's not such a big deal as I can always use \hyphenation but I've
spent almost a day trying to get it to work and I don't know what's
wrong with it.

Any help will be appreciated,

Regards,
Bogdan