[XeTeX] Hyphenation in polyglossia - Latin and Greek

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Sun May 17 11:10:01 CEST 2009

Am Sat, 16 May 2009 13:03:30 +0200 schrieb Yannis Haralambous:

> I know this may be out of the scope of this list, but ***PLEASE*** do
> not talk about "monotonic" vs. "ancient" Greek.

I didn't speek about anything *vs* anything. I only reacted to a
list of warnings:

Package polyglossia Warning: No hyphenation patterns were loaded for
Monotonic Greek

Package polyglossia Warning: No hyphenation patterns were loaded for
Ancient Greek

with a list of related options. It could also have been mongolian
and dutch.

> If the "monotonic" vs. "ancient" terminology is part of MikTeX GUI, I
> will write to Christian ad ask him to change it.

The terminology is the one from the language.dat. It is not special
to miktex.

%greek loadhyph-el-polyton.tex
=polygreek
%monogreek loadhyph-el-monoton.tex