[XeTeX] Any tricks to making transparency work?

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Wed May 13 23:29:13 CEST 2009

On 13 May 2009, at 22:22, Paul Burkander wrote:

> On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 5:03 PM, Peter Dyballa
> <Peter_Dyballa at web.de> wrote:
>>
>> Am 13.05.2009 um 21:39 schrieb Paul Burkander:
>>
>>> I'm working my way through the fontspec manual, and I'm at the
>>> section
>>> 5, the non font-specific options.  I can't get the transparency to
>>> work:
>>

>> You need to use the old xdv2pdf output driver of Mac OS X ...
>>

> Is it therefore not possible in Ubuntu?

Not using the options described in the fontspec manual, at least. It
may be possible to achieve it via some kind of pdf: specials (I think
ConTeXt might have some support for this?), but I don't really know.
You need a PDF and output driver expert....