[XeTeX] xdvipdfmx bug?

وفا خلیقی، Vafa Khalighi vafa at live.com.au
Mon May 11 16:52:05 CEST 2009

I am not sure if this is a bug of xdvipdfmx and would appreciate any thought. If you make a minmal document

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\documentclass[11pt]{book}

\RequirePackage{amsthm}%
\RequirePackage{amsmath}%
\RequirePackage{amsxtra}%
\RequirePackage{amstext}%
\RequirePackage{amssymb}%
\RequirePackage{latexsym}%
\RequirePackage{dsfont}%

\begin{document}

$$\mathds{R}$$

\end{document}

and compile document with pdflatex, there is no problem but if I compile it with xelatex and open the PDF with acroread, I just will get a dot and a message saying

can not extract the embedded font 'KSESBL+dsrom10'. Some characters may not display or point correctly.

I also need to add that if I open the document compiled with xelatex with evince, then there is no problem.