[XeTeX] How to enable hyphenation with hyperref?

Pander pander at users.sourceforge.net
Fri May 8 12:11:34 CEST 2009

Ulrike Fischer wrote:
> Am Thu, 07 May 2009 14:26:52 +0200 schrieb Pander:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am using this:
>> \usepackage[breaklinks=true]{hyperref}
>>
>> But when I use \href{url}{text}, no hyphenation is done on the text,
>> resulting in very ugly output. How can I fix this?
>
> You could start by telling us what you are actually doing.
>
> I have no problems:
>
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage[ngerman]{babel}
> \usepackage{hyperref}
> \textwidth1cm
> \begin{document}
>
> a \href{url}{text-text-text}
>
> a \href{url}{texttexttext}
>
> a texttexttext
> \end{document}

This is working correctly and gives a dark green line around the
hyphenated text. The place I use it is in the bibliography, there I get
a light green/blue line around the non-hyphenating text.

inside my .bbl file it look like this:

\bibitem{wikimeiafoundation:pagesincategorytypography}
{{Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia}}.
\newblock {\em
\href{http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Typography}{Pages in
  category ``Typography''}}.
\newblock Wikimedia Foundation, St. Petersburg, FL, United States, 2009.

\end{thebibliography}

So it is bibliography related. How can this be solved?

Thanks,

Pander