[XeTeX] Installing unicode-math under MiKTeX (was re: unicode-math and \leq \geq)

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Fri May 8 09:10:39 CEST 2009

Am Thu, 07 May 2009 19:48:20 -0400 schrieb Joel C. Salomon:

> I suspect that only unicode-math.sty and the *.tec (and/or the *.map)
> files are needed; is that correct?

That would be my guess too: sty + tec.

> And where in a texmf tree do I put them?

In general you find such location by looking for files of the same
type in the main tree. (Sometimes looking simply at the extension is
not enough, the map-files here are something else than the font
map-files, and there are two type of .ini-files).

I would put the sty in tex\latex\unicode-math\ and the .tec in
fonts\misc\xetex\fontmapping\unicode-math\

The ins., .dtx, .map are source files and should go somewhere in
source, the pdf in doc.

> (Assume I’ll add the
> equivalent of texmf-local to my MiKTeX installation.)

What you should do. Build a folder <what-you-want>\tex\latex and add
it as local root.

--
Ulrike Fischer