[XeTeX] Rename xltxtra to xelatex? (Was: No underdot in Adobe Garamond Pro?)

Joachim Trinkwitz jtr at uni-bonn.de
Thu May 7 18:35:33 CEST 2009

Am 07.05.2009 um 16:59 schrieb Peter Dyballa:

> Am 07.05.2009 um 14:51 schrieb François Charette:
>
>> it occurs to be that renaming xltxtra.sty to xelatex.sty would be
>> clearer,
>
> Did you ever look at the contents of this file? A few macro and logo
> definitions – this isn't XeLaTeX. A loader?

Anyway, this is the package which should be loaded if one wants to get
the most out of XeLaTeX. I've seen so many newbies on this list who
missed this way to load both xunicode and fontspec, and changing the
name seems to me a sensible way to make the use of all three packages
and thus of XeLaTeX much more transparent.

Joachim

Dr. Joachim Trinkwitz     E-Mail: jtr at uni-bonn.de
Institut für Germanistik, Tel.: 0228-737565
Vergleichende Literatur-  Fax: 0228-737479
und Kulturwissenschaft    www.germanistik.uni-bonn.de
der Universität Bonn      53012 Bonn