[XeTeX] How to let XeTeX use pdftex.map automatically?

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Thu May 7 16:29:13 CEST 2009

Am Thu, 07 May 2009 10:12:19 -0400 schrieb Fr. Michael Gilmary:

> I tried your sample and was told the font isn't found. But if I convert
> the marvosym.pfb to .otf (using FontForge), then I can load it as a
> system font and use with your example. Is this strange or just me?
> Admittedly, I've never yet exerted enough effort to understand the
> different font encodings. (Also, I'm using Mac OS 10.4.11 ... maybe
> miktex has different capabilities?

Yes, quite possible. miktex use a localfonts.conf for
fontconfig/fc-cache which contains the directories for type1 fonts:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!--
  DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE! It will be replaced when MiKTeX is updated.
  Instead, edit the configuration file localfonts2.conf.
-->

<fontconfig>
<include>localfonts2.conf</include>
<dir>C:\WINDOWS\Fonts</dir>
<dir>C:\Programme\Adobe\Reader8.1.3\Resource\Font</dir>
<dir>J:\MiKTeX2.7\fonts\type1</dir>
<dir>J:\MiKTeX2.7\fonts\opentype</dir>
<dir>J:\MiKTeX2.7\fonts\truetype</dir>
</fontconfig>