[XeTeX] unicode-math and \leq \geq

Daniel Stegmueller d.stegmueller at gmail.com
Mon May 4 11:05:17 CEST 2009

On 4 May 2009, at 10:48, António Fernandes wrote:

> Most likely this is an installation problem. In my case I had no
> problems generating the \leq symbol from your code.
> Is this issue occurring only with these two symbols?

You are right, this happens with other symbold as well. For example
$ \sigma \sim N(0,1)$
omits \sim as well...

> Can you retry, adding the folowing line to your preamble:
> 	\UnicodeMathSymbol{"02264}{\leq}{\mathrel}{}

Yes, I can fix it that way - but that is not how it is supposed to
work, I guess...

Below I copied what I think is relevant from the .log file.

Thanks,
Daniel

(/Users/dstegmue/Library/texmf/tex/latex/unicode-math.tex)
(/Users/dstegmue/Library/texmf/tex/latex/unicode-math-add.tex)
LaTeX Info: Redefining \sqrt on input line 995.
)
\c at zf@famc at Times=\count109
Package fontspec Info: Defining font family for 'Times' with options
[Mapping=t
ex-text] on input line 5.
LaTeX Font Info:    Redeclaring math version `normal' on input line 6.
\c at zf@famc at Asana Math=\count110
Package fontspec Info: Defining font family for 'Asana Math' with
options [Scri
pt=Math,SizeFeatures={{Size=10-},{Size=7-10,Font=Asana
Math,ScriptStyle},{Size=
-7,Font=Asana Math,ScriptScriptStyle}},] on input line 6.
Package fontspec Info: Could not resolve font Asana Math/B (it might
not exist)
  on input line 6.
Package fontspec Info: Could not resolve font Asana Math/I (it might
not exist)
  on input line 6.
Package fontspec Info: Could not resolve font Asana Math/BI (it might
not exist
) on input line 6.
Package unicode-math Info: Defining the default maths font as 'Asana
Math' on i
nput line 6.
\symum at allsym=\mathgroup4
  (./test.aux)