[XeTeX] Certain ligatures in Adobe Garamond Premier Pro

Fr. Michael Gilmary FrMichaelGilmary at MaroniteMonks.org
Fri May 1 23:09:22 CEST 2009

Jonathan Kew wrote:

> Not script, language. So the fontspec option would be
> [Language=German]. (Untested, I'm not at the right computer to try it
> right now.)

I'm a bit confused now, since running:
 >> otfinfo -s GaramondPremrPro.otf

produces a list of "scripts" available for the font ... including
 >> latn.DEU Latin/German (Standard)

Is this just a difference of terms with fontspec? Meaning, what fontspec
calls "Script" isn't what otfinfo is calling a "script".

As already stated, I think, trying [Script=German] for fontspec only
produces an error---as does trying [Ligatures=Rare].

BTW, Peter, I'd be interested in trying the FontForge thing ... I use
Mac OS 10.4.11 and have FForge installed.

Thanks for the help.

--
United in adoration of Jesus,

fr. michael gilmary, mma