[XeTeX] Certain ligatures in Adobe Garamond Premier Pro

Rembrandt Wolpert wolpert at uark.edu
Fri May 1 20:38:20 CEST 2009

Yes -- very sorry William, I hadn't looked properly -- th italic is indeed a
ligature which is applied when choosing Discretionary (or Rare -- fontspec
doesn't seem to care) - so one gets all sp etc. ligatures, too.  Is there a
simple way to be selective, and just choose the th-ligature without using
the the rest of the rare ligatures? Could I proceed via Peter's path to add
tthe italic th to the liga lookup (after figuring out how to do that)?

The ch/ck query (and of course they aren't ligatures -- hence my previous
cautionary usage. Thanks for naming them correctly -- digraph makes sense
for those):

\setdefaultlanguage{german} does have no effect, and German isn't a
recognized script for fontspec; so I am still floored with those two (and
they do occur frequently! - I just ran a chapter through a replace on Emacs,
and  there were a lot of those around).

I shall (try to) look into fontforge (sweat accumulating on my forehead :-))
and how to add to liga lookups...

Many thanks for rapid suggestions (and correction).

Rembrandt

--
人有不為也而後可有為