[XeTeX] XeLatex + Unicode + Footnote issue

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Sun Mar 22 05:26:05 CET 2009

Hello Sreenivasa,

On 22/03/2009, at 2:39 AM, Sreenivasa Guttal wrote:

> You are right. It works when I run it couple of times.
>
> But, if I use chapter feature, the footnote reset happens only
> after each chapter. Wondering how I can make it per page within a
> chapter!!

Are you suggesting that you want to reset the footnote
counter with *every page* ?

What makes this a sensible thing to do?

Occasionally a footnote may not be written out completely
on one page, but a long note may spread across 2 or more pages.
Or an entry which is referenced on one page may not occur
until the next page, or the same entry may be referenced
from several different pages.

All of these functionalities would be lost if you reset
the numbering on each page.

> Thanks,
> Sreenivasa

I'm confused as to what it is that you really want, or why.

Cheers,

	Ross

Ross Moore                                       ross at maths.mq.edu.au