[XeTeX] XeLatex + Unicode + Footnote issue

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Fri Mar 20 13:20:04 CET 2009

Am Fri, 20 Mar 2009 16:03:43 +0530 schrieb Sreenivasa Guttal:

>>> However, MakePerPage (which is supposed to start the footnote number from
>> 1
>>> on every page doesn't work).
>>
>> - Run your document at least twice
>> - Try if it persits if you remove the \begin{sanscrit}-Environment.
>> - If yes try to make an example which use only english.
>>

> The problem persists in English environment also. I have attached the files.

Use the following:

\usepackage{bigfoot}
\DeclareNewFootnote[para]{default}
\MakePerPage{footnotedefault}

If you use it with you example you will perhaps see that the numbers
still aren't correct. The footnote counter is reset, but not at the
top of the page. And in the log-file there is a "label has changed
message".

This can happen when a footnote falls near the page boundary and
change the page at each run. In your example with lots of footnotes
in one paragraph it happens easily, in a normal text it shouldn't
happen often.

--
Ulrike Fischer