[XeTeX] XeLatex + Unicode + Footnote issue

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Wed Mar 18 16:33:33 CET 2009

Am Wed, 18 Mar 2009 11:04:02 -0400 schrieb Patrick Carr:

>> I can reproduce the problem even with normal english text. It seems
>> to be font related, some fonts gives footnotes as expected in
>> para-mode and other not.
>
> I thought it might be fonts with real superscript numerals versus
> those without, but no. Using your example with a myriad of fonts, I
> got newlines for each footnote regardless of the font I used. I.e., it
> didn't work at all for me. At least it wasn't intermittent.
>
> (This is XeTeXk, Version 3.1415926-2.2-0.999.6 (Web2C 7.5.7))

I too no longer get different behaviour if I use only manyfoot
(that's quite confusing, I don't think that I changed something),
but if I use bigfoot instead it reappears: Verdana gives newline,
Cambria not.

I too suspected the superscripts at first, but
\makeatletter\let\@textsuperscript\relax gives normal numbers but
doesn't change the behaviour.

--
Ulrike Fischer