[XeTeX] Diacritics on ligature components

Alexey Kryukov anagnost at yandex.ru
Wed Mar 18 15:46:57 CET 2009

On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 06:41:28 -0400
Peter Baker wrote:

> I'm working on a Latin-script font based on a medieval hand: it has
> lots of ligatures and contextual substitutions, and it uses (or will
> use) lots of combining diacritics. I'm developing with FontForge and
> testing with XeTeX.

Except that the "ignore combining marks" flag should be on for your
ligature lookup, it is also possible that you are attempting to use
normal ("Mark to Base") anchor points in your ligatures. This will not
work: you should define a special set of anchor points for this
purpose and put them into a separate lookup of a different type ("Mark
to Ligature").

BTW you can have a look at my Theano Old Style font: it contains some
Greek ligatures (e. g. "rho_alpha"), where both components may be
accented. As far as I can see, everything works fine with XeTeX.

--
Regards,
Alexey Kryukov <anagnost at yandex dot ru>

Moscow State University
Historical Faculty