[XeTeX] Sanskrit hyphenation with XeLatex

Yves Codet ycodet at club-internet.fr
Fri Mar 13 09:02:05 CET 2009

Hello.

Le 12 mars 09 à 18:57, Sreenivasa Guttal a écrit :

> Thanks. I tried doing it and had some issues. I moved to texlive
> 2008 and it works now:)

Well, it was the simplest solution :)

> I have two issues as of now.
>
> 1. \textbf{     } - Does NOT make Sanskrit characters BOLD.

If you use Sanskrit 2003, as in your test file, it has no bold face,
that is why.

> 2. If I have a very BIG word, hyphenation is giving below error.
> [2]
> ! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [main memory size=3000000].
> l.106

It happened to me too. I suppose it would not help to increase TeX's
memory. The only other solution I found was to insert manual breaks
with \- in the middle of very long graphical units.

Kind regards,

Yves