[XeTeX] Colored Arabic in Tables

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Mar 11 18:01:12 CET 2009

Am 11.03.2009 um 17:06 schrieb Tilman Hannemann:

> - 1 is a color change inside tabularx with vocalized text

I'm not completely sure what you exactly mean!

What I can observe with a mixture of \textarab{some things} and
(Latin) dashes is that the Arabic text is *completely* in magenta
(your exact colour choice) and the dashes between them are black. And
it plays no role which *one* of the few separated \textarab{some
things} is set to become coloured.

> - 2 should be non-colored and non vocalized arabxetex input. It is
> not colored, but vocalized.
> - 3 should be non-colored and non vocalized utf8 input. Same problem
> as 2.

Yes, that's also my experience.

A simplified test that you could perform better than me is to use
only the bidi package and use other ways for this vocalisation, if
they exist. Does tabularx perform without the arabxetex package used
or loaded the same? (It seems so.)

Can you use a different environment for tables?

BTW, I regularly use \pagestyle{empty} to avoid pollution with
unwanted fonts from page numbers. Your choice of Scheherazade is a
good one: easily available on every plattform.

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found
ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
				– Blaise Pascal