[XeTeX] breqn + fontspec

Nicolas Vaughan nivaca at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 05:42:41 CEST 2009

Hi Arno,
When I have symbol clashes, I use a tip suggested by Scott Pakin in his
Comprehensive LaTeX Symbol List.
Here is the relevant code:

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
% There are a number of symbols (e.g., \Square) that are defined by      %
% multiple packages.  In order to typeset all the variants in this       %
% document, we have to give glyph a unique name.  To do that, we define  %
% \savesymbol{XXX}, which renames a symbol from \XXX to \origXXX, and    %
% \restoresymbols{yyy}{XXX}, which renames \origXXX back to \XXX and     %
% defines a new command, \yyyXXX, which corresponds to the most recently %
% loaded version of \XXX.                                                %
%                                                                        %

% Save a symbol that we know is going to get redefined.
\def\savesymbol#1{%
  \expandafter\let\expandafter\origsym\expandafter=\csname#1\endcsname
  \expandafter\let\csname orig#1\endcsname=\origsym
  \expandafter\let\csname#1\endcsname=\relax
}

% Restore a previously saved symbol, and rename the current one.
\def\restoresymbol#1#2{%
  \expandafter\let\expandafter\newsym\expandafter=\csname#2\endcsname
  \expandafter\global\expandafter\let\csname#1#2\endcsname=\newsym
  \expandafter\let\expandafter\origsym\expandafter=\csname orig#2\endcsname
  \expandafter\global\expandafter\let\csname#2\endcsname=\origsym
}

Tell me if this helps. I haven't test it yet.
Best wishes,
Nicolas