[XeTeX] breqn + fontspec

Nicolas Vaughan nivaca at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 00:21:21 CEST 2009

Hi Arno,
That's because breqn calls flexisym, which in turn defines some symbols that
fontspec also defines. This incompatibilty with "font" packages is explained
in the breqn manual. There it says that if you're using cm fonts, mathpazo
(Palatino) or mathptmx (Times), there's a escape route withing flexisym to
avoid clashes. And it adds:

If you find that
> a particular math font package doesn't work then please see implementation
> in
> flexisym.dtx for how to create a support file --- it is easier than one
> might think. Contributions welcome.

So you may fiddle a little with flexisym, as the manual suggests, or else
use other methods of breaking equations. How about manually? That's how I
do. ;>
However, If you create a .sym file to patch flexisym (as flexisym.dtx
describes), please do share your solution.

Regards,

Nicolas Vaughan