[XeTeX] Seperate WordSpacing for chapters and sections than running text

Pander pander at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jun 24 13:46:49 CEST 2009

Hi all,

When I don't use WordSpace, all is fine, let us call this situation A.

To get rif of some of the overfull lines, I use:
  \setmainfont[WordSpace={1.00,1.05,0.95}, ...
let us call this situation B.

This is fine for the running text. However, this makes the word space in
chapters and sections noticeably smaller, too much and is very ugly, so
it needs fixing. Therefore I would like to have the generic WordSpace
exluded from being applied to chapter and section.

When I do this for the first chapter, situation C:
\chapter*{{\addfontfeature{WordSpace={1.0,1.0,1.0}}Bla bla bla bla bla}}
all the chapters in the document are fixed but all the sections in the
document get an word space which is now too large and ugly in another
way (larger than situation A).

Situation D, coming from situation C, with an addfontfeature command in
sections has no effect.

How can I control (independently disable) WordSpace for chapter,
section, etc?

Thanks,

Pander