[XeTeX] teckit library issue

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Fri Jun 19 11:14:12 CEST 2009

> teckit_compile: error while loading shared libraries:
> libTECkit_Compiler.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory

  libTECkit_Compiler.so.0 is a dynamic library that teckit_compile needs
to find in order to run correctly (formally, it needs to be found by ld,
the dynamic loader), but it can't, probably because the library hasn't
been installed at all.  This can only be detected at runtime, it's
normal that you don't see it at compile-time.

  Judging from the name of the library, I assume it has been built as a
part of TECkit, and you would normally need to do "make install", which
usually installs the libraries in /usr/local/lib.  Did you do that?  Do
you see a file with that name in /usr/local/lib?  If you don't have
write permission on /usr/local and can't install it there, you need to
install it in some private directory that you can define by passing the
--prefix switch to the configure script.

	Arthur