[XeTeX] Emulating font extension

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 19 00:59:27 CEST 2009

On 18 Jun 2009, at 23:22, Jonathan Kew wrote:

> On 18 Jun 2009, at 17:54, Vadim Radionov wrote:
>
>> Sorry, my previous reply was a mistake.  I installed not from the
>> TRUNK, but xdvipdfmx-0.4.
>> Now i fixed it, no more errors from the driver, but spaces behave
>> exactly as when i'm started: the spaces shrink in extended text, and
>> stretch in the narrow.
>
> OK, this appears to be a platform-dependent bug; it works as
> intended on OS X but I see the problem you describe on Linux.
>
> I'll take a look and see if I can readily fix this.

I have just committed a fix to the xetex repository (v0.9994.1) that I
hope will fix this -- it has had only minimal testing so far, but
seems ok at first glance. Only the xetex binary is involved, not
xdvipdfmx.

I will shortly merge the fix to the texlive repository as well. If you
can verify that it works for you, that would be much appreciated.