[XeTeX] Polyglossia problem

Fr. Michael Gilmary FrMichaelGilmary at MaroniteMonks.org
Mon Jun 15 00:11:19 CEST 2009

Hi all:

The problem I'm having is loading polyglossia and later using custom
headers (at least for the memoir class).

As Jonathan suggested, it might have

> something to do with how polyglossia patches the headers, trying to
> ensure they appear in the expected font even if the main text might be
> using a different language and font at the moment the page-break happens.

I end up with a bunch of error messages and some strange output, e.g.:
on the half-title page, there are 2 stray words: ``latin latin'' at the
top of the page as well as the word ``latin'' at the beginning of the ToC.

Lars Davies suggested:

> If you use the nolocalmarks option with polyglossia, so that it reads:
>
> \usepackage[latin, nolocalmarks]{polyglossia}
>
>  then this seems to work. I am using MiKTeX 2.7 on Vista 64.

Unfortunately, it doesn't make any difference for me. I've tried loading

\usepackage[nolocalmarks, latin]{polyglossia}

as well as

\usepackage[nolocalmarks]{polyglossia}
\setdefaultlanguage{latin}

I'm using MacTeX2008, with polyglossia 2008/07/26 v1.0.1 and memoir.cls
2009/02/06 v1.6180339e.

Any ideas?

--
United in adoration of Jesus,