[XeTeX] Xetex and Komascript Compatibility

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Jun 12 13:31:09 CEST 2009

Am 12.06.2009 um 12:32 schrieb Jonathan Kew:

>> BTW, you're writing in a simple Latin-based left-to-right script
>> and language. There is no real necessity to use experimental
>> XeLaTeX, ripe pdfTeX based LaTeX will work as well ...
>
> Perhaps he wants to use fonts that are painful to set up in pdftex-
> based LaTeX, but easy to use in xelatex... I think many people use
> it for that reason.

Achim Blumensath, Michael Zedler, and Andreas Bühmann have written
the MinionPro LaTeX package. It is a bit complicated, since it needs
to be adapted to the version of the Minion-Pro fonts in the installed
Adobe Reader. And some files need to be installed when one has
purchased the complete set of the fonts ("opticals" and "full"). It
seems to provide all the font subtleties that fontspec can offer, and
it particularly supports maths and the strange symbols used there,
blackboard letter, floral signs ...

--
Greetings

   Pete