[XeTeX] Xetex and Komascript Compatibility

Florian Grammel grammel at gmx.net
Fri Jun 12 12:51:10 CEST 2009

>> 1. Are there any compatibility issues between Xetex/Xelatex and
>> Komascript ?
>
> If the archives don't report any, then none has been found.

I've used this combination for years now and never encountered issues
nor heard of any. The few times I thought I had any, it always turned
out that the problems were caused by something else

> BTW, you're writing in a simple Latin-based left-to-right script and
> language. There is no real necessity to use experimental XeLaTeX,
> ripe pdfTeX based LaTeX will work as well ...

Actually XeTeX has been very reliable for quite some time now. And
there loads of really good reasons to use it for latin script-
languages as well, easy font-handling being the first thing that comes
to my mind ...

Florian Grammel

Gentofte, Denmark