[XeTeX] Combining NFSS fonts and OTF fonts with XeLaTeX and fontspec

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Jun 10 12:16:18 CEST 2009

Am 10.06.2009 um 07:30 schrieb Will Robertson:

> You shouldn't try to use XeTeX font feature commands in association
> with fontspec fonts. Instead of
>    [...] ItalicFont={HiraMinPro-W3:+ital} [...]
> write something like this instead:
>    ItalicFont=HiraMinPro-W3,ItalicFeatures={RawFeature=+ital}

Ah, yes, I forgot about this.

> Having said all this, I could consider parsing the fontname and
> moving any XeTeX font features into the RawFeature field
> automatically. Would this be useful, do you think?

When it's restricted to the case that a font pathname is given (the
situation in which this misuse counts), then it's a good idea,
indeed, to check whether raw features are given the XeTeX way ...

You could also add this as another example of the use of the
RawFeature option. And there is no other way to access the italic
variants of the Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro and the Hiragino Mincho Pro
font sets or collections. (Could be Osaka and its Mono variant are
similiar.)

--
Greetings

   Pete