[XeTeX] Font Not Loadable Error

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Wed Jun 3 14:12:21 CEST 2009

Am Wed, 3 Jun 2009 13:53:29 +0200 schrieb Steven Woody:

> I just tried and still did not success.
>

> ! Font \zf at basefont=KaiTi_GB2312 at 10.0pt not loadable: Metric (TFM) file or i
> nstalled font not found.
> \zf at fontspec ...ntname \zf at suffix " at \f at size pt
>                                                   \unless \ifzf at icu \zf at set@...
> l.14 \setsansfont{KaiTi_GB2312}

I found with google some code which use KaiTi_GB2312, so the name is
probably correct. But I also saw a lot of "can't use" messages. Do
you have the font? Can you use it in e.g. word? Did you try to
rebuild the font caches (I don't know if you need this with texlive
and how it is done)?

>> (It should also be possible to use fc-list to get all the names, but
>> I never really found out the correct syntax to use).

> Those fonts that can not be loaded in xelatex still can not be output
> by fc-list.

Then I would say it is a problem with the font cache. With miktex I
would do fc-cache -f.

> (PS. fc-list usage is simple, just type it on command
> line you will get a long list of fonts information).

Getting a long list is not the problem. It's getting short lists
with specific informations which is difficult ;-)

--
Ulrike Fischer