[XeTeX] Fontspec: SizeFeatures don't accept ItalicFont? (Fell types)

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 05:41:36 CEST 2009

On 2009-06-02 03:02:02 +0930, Grzegorz Murzynowski
<natror at o2.pl> said:

> What to do? All that should be done is making XeTeX/fontspec to select
> for italics font with the name as upright with ‘Italic’ a dded (e.g.
> 	{Size = 10.5-11.5, Font=IM FELL DW Pica, ItalicFont={IM FELL DW Pi ca Italic}}

Hi Grzegorz,

I'm afraid this is an artificial limitation in fontspec at the moment
-- it's been reported to me in the past but I haven't had the
opportunity to fix the problem. Clearly, the thing that should work is:
    {Size=10.5-11.5,Font=...,ItalicFont={* Italic}}
(if necessary at all when the ItalicFont isn't picked up automatically)
but the fact that it doesn't is plain and simply a bug.

Not much time right now, but I'll try and take a look sometime. If you
see anything in the code that makes this a quick fix, feel free to pass
it along :)

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Will