[XeTeX] strange results of measuring boxes

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Jul 25 20:11:50 CEST 2009

Am 25.07.2009 um 19:40 schrieb Marcin Woliński:

>> Use a negative value! I think you've found a bug…
>> (\emergencystretch
>> is subtracted instead of added)
>
> What do you mean by that?  \emergencystretch-30pt seems to behave the
> same way as 0pt, that is XeTeX doesn't attempt an emergency pass
> (tested
> on a constructed paragraph that needs the third pass to avoid an
> overfull).

Two observations/interpretations of the same effect.

Could be it's necessary to study the XeTeX CHange files (texk/web2c/
xetexdir/xetex.ch) what they do with \emergencystretch…

--
Greetings

   Pete

 From error to error, one discovers the entire truth.