[XeTeX] Inconsistent rendering across different computers

Brian Aydemir brian.aydemir at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 21:58:50 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 13:30, George N. White III <gnwiii at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 12:09 PM, Vafa Khalighi<vafa at users.berlios.de>
> wrote:
>
> > Also see http://tug.org/mailman/htdig/tex-live/2008-November/019016.htmland
> > http://tug.org/mailman/htdig/tex-live/2008-November/019017.html
>
> Have you tried TL2009?  Unicode-math has been working for me with Asana
> in Ubuntu-9.04 (64-bit).  If the 64-bit binaries have prpblems, you can
> probably use i386-linux xetex binaries in 64bit linux:
>
> 1) extract xetex.i386-linux.tar.xz to a scratch directory
> 2) mv bin/i386-linux to <texlive>/bin
> 3) PATH="<texlive>/bin/i386-linux:$PATH"
>
> This seems to work (you may need the 32-bit compatibility libs), but I
> only tested a couple files.

Assuming that I installed things correctly, the current TL2009 pretest
doesn't resolve the issue in my case.  It doesn't seem to matter whether I
use i386-linux or x86_64-linux.

I'm beginning to wonder if the font itself might have a bug in it, but then
I'd be curious why everything seems to work under TL2008/Mac OS X.

--Brian