[XeTeX] Font not found error

Dr J.D. Billett jdb43 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Jul 20 19:28:04 CEST 2009

Among the several very helpful respondents, Fr. Michael Gilmary wrote:

> I have the same OS as you do (10.4.11) and I ran the file first
> with the
> TL2008 version of TeX Gyre Termes and there was no ffi/ffl ligature.
> Then I ran Khaled Hosny's python script via X11 ... and with the
> corrected version of the font, I get the same error message as you do
> with your example.
>
> I think Mac OS 10.4 has some bug that doesn't work well with FontForge
> for altering fonts.
>
> Does anyone with Leopard have this problem with TeX Gyre Termes ---
> after running Khaled's script?

I have now achieved at least a temporary fix to this problem.  I
pasted Peter Baker's repaired TeX Gyre Termes fonts into the
directory where my input file lives; I ran texhash; and I changed the
fontspec call in the preamble to the following:

\setmainfont[Mapping=tex-text,Ligatures=Common,Numbers=OldStyle]
{TeXGyreTermes-Regular}

This allows for all the other fonts (italic, bold, etc.) to be found
too.  I guess this will have to do until I upgrade to 10.5!

Thanks for your help, everyone.

Jesse