[XeTeX] Polyglossia and Arabic (texlive 2009)

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Mon Jul 20 11:31:55 CEST 2009

I was trying polyglossia in texlive 2009, Arabic support is great, but
there are some issues.

Arabic month names has several typos. Also, the titles in the sample
file are out of context (auto-translated?), attached a patch that would
fix both issues.

Also, dates are always in English whether Hijri or Georgian, I think
\if at rl is unset (always false), may be an incompatibility introduced in
the latest bidi package?

Last, I think the default calender should be Georgian not Hijri, since
it is the civil calender in all Arabic countries except Saudi Arabia,
and it makes more sense to make it the default.

Thanks for the nice work.

Regards,
 Khaled

--