[XeTeX] bidi package abilities and lshort in Persian

Vafa Khalighi vafa at users.berlios.de
Sat Jul 18 04:41:00 CEST 2009

and This is what Jonathan said about hyperef and RTL in XeTeX a while ago: (
http://tug.org/mailman/htdig/xetex/2008-April/009508.html)

"I think all this is related to the basic problem that when the TeX--
XeT bidi mechanism is used, horizontal lists get reversed before
output. This means that when you have \special commands in the line,
their order also gets reversed. So if the text contains a \special
that in some way implements "begin a link" or "set a new color", and
later in the same line there's "end link" or "pop the color stack",
the DVI driver ends up seeing these in the opposite order.

I submitted the original message in this thread to the XeTeX bug
tracker at <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?
group_id=194926&atid=951385>, as I think it's an issue that can't
easily be solved at the level of individual documents or macro
packages. You may be able to work around some of the problems, but a
general solution will need to be implemented at a more fundamental
level."