[XeTeX] How could I find advanced features of a ttf/ttc font?

Fr. Michael Gilmary FrMichaelGilmary at MaroniteMonks.org
Sun Jul 5 18:41:28 CEST 2009

Mi CHEN wrote:

> Take Times.ttc which comes from Snow Leopard Development Preview for
> example, using fontspec with default setting, no ligatures appeared, I
> mean something like "ff" "fi". I wonder whether ligatures are
> unavailable for this font or I should enables them manually by some
> commands of fontspec. Thanks!

Hi Mi!

I'm not sure what you mean by ``fontspec with default setting'' --- but
what seems to be very common is:

\usepackage{fontspec}
\defaultfontfeatures{Mapping=tex-text}

and when you specify your main font, you should use the common ligatures
option:

\setmainfont[Ligatures=Common]{Minion Pro}

Does that work for you?

--
United in adoration of Jesus,

fr. michael gilmary, mma