[XeTeX] How could I find advanced features of a ttf/ttc font?

Mi CHEN chenmi1999 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 18:21:54 CEST 2009

Hi, all

I know the command otfinfo can tell us advanced features of an otf file.
This command works for a lot of (but not all) TTF format files, too. But it
never works for TTC format files, at least on my computer which is running
archlinux. Here comes my question, is there a way to find what kinds of
advanced features are available for a TTF/TTC format font? Take Times.ttc
which comes from Snow Leopard Development Preview for example, using
fontspec with default setting, no ligatures appeared, I mean something like
"ff" "fi". I wonder whether ligatures are unavailable for this font or I
should enables them manually by some commands of fontspec. Thanks!

--
Regards,
Mi