[XeTeX] Res: from babel to polyglossia

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Sat Jul 4 11:10:11 CEST 2009

Am Sat, 4 Jul 2009 03:24:02 -0500 schrieb Nicolas Vaughan:

>>  \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}

> Thanks. Since I got no warning messages, I thought it was ok to add it.

It is okay to load more encoding definitions and it is even
sometimes necessary. The only thing that matters is the order you
load encoding definitions. Like in the case of babel the last
encoding is the one active at the start of the document.

\documentclass[12pt,parskip]{article}
\usepackage[T1,TS1]{fontenc}
\begin{document}
abc

\end{document}

gives something different than \usepackage[TS1,T1]{fontenc}

And as xltxtra loads an encoding too,
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc} before xltxtra doesn't do any harm.

--
Ulrike Fischer