[XeTeX] Font not found error

Fr. Michael Gilmary FrMichaelGilmary at MaroniteMonks.org
Thu Jul 2 20:12:51 CEST 2009

Jonathan Kew wrote:

> Odd, I thought that had a fair chance of working. (Are you sure
> everything font-related was flushed after any shuffling around of
> different versions? I'd recommend clearing the caches and even
> restarting the system, just to be on the safe side.)

Well, as for "clearing the caches", I don't know what that means ... but
I did restart the system and I'm sure the only version of TeX Gyre
Termes installed is the python output version. But I stll get the same
result --- "installed font not found".

> Nevertheless, it looks like something is modifying the font names in
> an undesirable way: this is presumably a bug in either the Python
> script people are using, or the underlying Fontforge itself - I
> haven't looked into either of them to try and pin it down, though.

A couple of months ago, I updated my version of FontForge since I
thought that was the problem initially. My hunch is that it's Tiger.

HTH.

--
United in adoration of Jesus,

fr. michael gilmary, mma