[XeTeX] How to use ligatures for TTF fonts?

Jonathan Kew jonathan at jfkew.plus.com
Fri Jan 30 20:37:22 CET 2009

On 30 Jan 2009, at 19:10, Mi CHEN wrote:

> Hi, JK
>
> How to customize the tex-text mapping? Thanks!
>
> Though I always turned this option on while using fontspec, but I'v
> no idea how to use a customized version...

You'll need to find the source file tex-text.map (probably in your
texmf tree at fonts/misc/xetex/fontmapping/base), make a copy with a
new name, and add the mapping rules you want, following the pattern of
those already there. Then use the tool teckit_compile to compile this
into a binary .tec file that xetex can use. Install this in your
personal texmf tree under fonts/misc/, similarly to the standard
mapping provided with the distribution, and load it with the
Mapping=.... option of fontspec.

(The mappings are handled by the TECkit system; see http://scripts.sil.org/teckit
  for more detail.)