[XeTeX] How to use ligatures for TTF fonts?

Adam Twardoch list.adam at twardoch.com
Fri Jan 30 20:14:52 CET 2009

Jonathan Kew wrote:
> As for ligatures, they could simply have made it an option in their
> applications,

Well, with "core fonts" being "core fonts", they clearly realized that
they're being used in more than just "their applications". After all,
even Mi wants to use it on XeTeX running in Fedora Core 10. Remember
that Microsoft offered older versions of the core fonts as free
downloads for other operating systems for years (and those versions
often are bundled with Linux systems). Mac OS X also contains versions
of the core fonts, and document reflow is not just an issue with Word
but also with QuarkXPress, Adobe InDesign, OpenOffice and many other
applications.

A.

--

Adam Twardoch - MyFonts
Typographic consultant

--

Adam Twardoch
| Language Typography Unicode Fonts OpenType
| twardoch.com | silesian.com | fontlab.net

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or
insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
(Hunter S. Thompson)