[XeTeX] issue with vertical space in verse

Pablo Rodríguez oinos at web.de
Mon Jan 26 20:12:37 CET 2009

Hi there,

I would like to add two verses to a text, using either the verse or even
the quote environment (I don't really care), but the issue I find is
that (as expected) both environments add an extra vertical space. Does
anyone know how I could remove this extra vertical space?

As a workaround, I thought that specifying an extra left skip or margin
might suit my needs. But neither \setlength{\leftskip}{2em} nor
\setlength{\leftmargin}{2em} changes the left indentation on following
paragraphs. Sorry but how could I get left and right indentation?

Thanks for your help,

Pablo