[XeTeX] glyph index

franÿffffe7ois franc franc_milo at yahoo.fr
Tue Jan 20 16:40:14 CET 2009

thanks Jonathan,

>(Please keep the discussion on the mailing list rather than emailing me
>personally, so that others may participate, as well as for the sake of the
>archives.)

it's done, thanks for remaindering

>Do you mean that you're trying to modify the (C or Pascal) code of xetex
>itself to do this, or you're trying to do it at the TeX macro level?

I'm trying to do it in the web source or in a change file (ch)

>Do you really mean that you want to substitute one *glyph* for another, or do you want
>to substitute a *character* in a certain context? Maybe you could give a
>real-life example to make it clear what you're trying to achieve.

Actually I'm trying to use jalt (justification alternative) of OT font, to improve line
justification, so I'm working to modify the line breaking algorithm. thus I want that the
substitution to be independent of the font engine.
and the replacement happens only if that improves the line justification.