[XeTeX] ArabXeTeX Translit

François Charette firmicus at ankabut.net
Mon Jan 19 17:27:55 CET 2009

Mohammad Gharaibeh a écrit :
> Hallo folks,
>
> is there any reason why arabxetex in transliteration does
> not capitalize the shin and the alif mamduda? for the
> other letters there is no problem except those two
> letters.
>
> \documentclass[12pt,a4paper]{book}
>
> \usepackage{xltxtra}
>
> \usepackage{arabxetex}
>
> \setromanfont{Basker Trans}
>
> \newfontfamily\arabicfont[Script=Arabic,Scale=1.5]{Scheherazade}
>
> \SetTranslitConvention{dmg}
> \SetTranslitStyle{\upshape}
>
> begin{document}
>
> \textarab[trans]{\UC ^s \UC _d \UC .t \UC _t \UC A \UC a
> \UC .s \UC .d \UC .h \UC x \UC .z \UC U \UC I \UC j}
>

> \end{document}
>
> regards
> Mohammad Gharaibeh

Hello Mohammad,

The mapping š -> Š was inadvertendly omitted from the list, but why the
ā does not become Ā I do not know.
Thanks for pointing it out.

Note that in the documentation the DMG transliteration is labelled
"experimental". There are a certain number of things that are apparently
not possible to implement by means of TECKit mappings (such as handling
of sun letters: al-^sams -> aš-šams). Unfortunately I do not have time
to devote to this at the moment.

Best,
François