[XeTeX] interlinear production

Gareth Hughes garzohugo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 01:53:12 CET 2009

Joshua and Amy wrote:
> I'm about to start a project with texts in the Jarai language (jra), and
> I'll be storing my data in FLEx (Fieldworks Language Explorer). Does anyone
> have experience in using XeTeX to typeset a text that was interlinearized
> with FLEx? I couldn't find much at all in the archives about doing
> interlinear work with XeTeX.

I haven't worked with FLEx, but I have done some interlinear typesetting
for Syriac (so bidirectionality was important). A simple package I used
was covington, which sets up a decent environment for setting lines of
text in parallel with interlinear correspondence. I find that works for
most purposes. The other things I've looked into are the trinity of
edmac, ednotes and ledmac. I think ednotes is the better of the three,
but they might be offering too much polish for what you want.

Gareth.

--
Gareth Hughes

Department of Eastern Christianity