[XeTeX] TeX Live 2003 or 2008?

Tony Hellmann neopro at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 15:07:30 CET 2009

Hello all,

I've been lurking for a month now, learning all I can. I bought a copy of
the 4 book boxed set that contains Guide to LaTeX, The LaTeX Companion, The
LaTeX Graphics Companion, and The LaTeX Web Companion.

This leads me to my question. The set came with a copy of the TeX Live 2003
CD. I also have an .iso of TeX Live 2008 on my hard drive. I'm interested in
using XeTeX for Korean fonts.

I'm concerned that if I install TeX 2008, it won't match up exactly with the
books I've purchased. However, if I install TeX 2003, I'll be missing some
functionality, including XeTeX, which comes with the 2008 CD, right?

Thanks,

--Tony