[XeTeX] Help in Tex and PDF Positions

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Jan 7 11:36:19 CET 2009

Am 07.01.2009 um 11:06 schrieb Francisco Chaves:

> Is there any way of print the position of a box in the log or any
> other file
> or I can add a signature PDF field with a LaTeX command?

When you look at the code that builds such a box, you can see
dimensions used. These can be printed to the LOG file as this example
shows:

	\newsavebox{\rulebox}
	\newlength{\ruledimen}
	\begin{document}
	\sbox{\rulebox}{\makebox[1cm]{\hrulefill}}%
	\settoheight{\ruledimen}{\usebox{\rulebox}}%
	\typeout{\the\ruledimen}%
	Default rule height is \the\ruledimen.
	\settodepth{\ruledimen}{\usebox{\rulebox}}%
	\typeout{\the\ruledimen}%
	Default rule depth is \the\ruledimen.
	\end{document}

With

	\immediate\write16{\jobname: some text}

you could send information to the shell/console window. LaTeXiT also
shows how this can be done.

--
Greetings

   Pete

"We need a president who's fluent in at least one language."
				– Buck Henry