[XeTeX] Type1 and TTF to OTF converter

Adam Twardoch list.adam at twardoch.com
Tue Jan 6 12:07:59 CET 2009

Alan Jones wrote:
> Is there script or software to convert Type 1 PS and WIndows TrueType
> fonts to OpenType OTF fonts for Debian Linux. I find XeTeX best works
> with otf fonts

I'd be curious to know why you think OpenType PS (.otf) fonts are better
than OpenType TT (.ttf, aka Windows TrueType) fonts. Technically, there
is not much difference between these two flavors of OpenType.

Also, I'd say that converting Type 1 fonts into well-made OpenType fonts
is not a simple task. It requires a lot of font technology knowledge and
good familiarity with the OpenType font format specification.

Regards,
Adam

--

Adam Twardoch
| Language Typography Unicode Fonts OpenType
| twardoch.com | silesian.com | fontlab.net

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or
insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
(Hunter S. Thompson)