[XeTeX] updating xetex on texlive2008

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Jan 3 12:02:36 CET 2009

Am 03.01.2009 um 08:47 schrieb Mehdi Omidali:

> From what location can I update my texlive so that I have 0.999.7?

Not sure whether this service continues, since its author, Jonathan
Kew, is no longer an employee of SIL. Have you tried the TeX Live
Manager tlmgr to update your whole TeX Live 2008 installation? XeTeX
is a part of it. The tlmgr as published with TL 2008 is a bit
unfinished and can delete itself and also large parts of TeX Live –
before it starts to *fetch* the updated software from a different
server every time that might be down or provide obsoleted versions,
so it's probably better to set a preferred CTAN server nearby. And
therefore it's also good to know where the disaster recovery script
can be fetched from (http://www.tug.org/texlive/tlmgr.html).

--
Greetings

   Pete

The world would be a better place if Larry Wall had been born in
Iceland, or any other country where the native language actually has
syntax.
				– Peter da Silva