[XeTeX] \ifFontExists

Arno Trautmann Arno.Trautmann at gmx.de
Fri Jan 2 20:41:07 CET 2009

Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 02.01.2009 um 19:30 schrieb Arno Trautmann:
> This looks like a minimal *LaTeX* example (although I wonder what the
> input and font encodings are). Have you also a minimal *XeLaTeX*
> example? Mine
>
>     \documentclass{minimal}
>
>     \usepackage{fontspec}
>     \begin{document}
>     bullet: • ‣
>     \end{document}

Yes, that shows the •. Sry; when I had the problem, it was the ‣ that
made problems.

> shows at least:
>
> The TRIANGULAR BULLET at U+2023 is contained in FreeSans/FreeSerif,
> Gentium, Linux Libertine, Deja Vu, Code2000, Caslon, Doulos SIL, Charis
> SIL, (Titus) Cyberbit, Junicode, ... Anyway, I wouldn't use it (because
> it's so rare), instead I would check \triangleright, \rhd (wasysym),
> \sqbullet,  \textopenbullet, some \ding{} arrow look-alike ("close
> match") from pifont, ...

Also, I use this as a kind of \item¹, so I need it as \active char…
Nevertheless, thank you very much for your answers! Shure, there would
be other ways if it was totally impossible to check if the font is on
the system – but that is why I asked the question ;)

Arno

¹ I try to implement an itemize this way:
——
• first item
  ‣ first item of second itemize
  ‣ second item