[XeTeX] RTL Standard LaTeX2e classes

وفا خلیقی vafakh9 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 14:42:10 CET 2009

Dear, Jonathan, Ross Moore, François Charette and others

As you might know the standard LaTeX2e classes are not suitable for RTL
documents and we need to change heaps of things and fix a lot of issues for
bidirectional texts. I was wondering if It is a good idea if I and anyone
who is interested work and make some LaTeX2e classes that are suitable for
bidirectional typesetting so we do not have to spend lots of time and fix
the issues with bidirectional typesetting in normal LaTeX2e classes. Then
these files can be placed on /tex-archive/macro/xetex/latex/ and me and
François Charette then do not have to fix things for bidirectional
typesetting? any thoughts on this?