[XeTeX] xelatex + beamer + fontspec: result is not as expected

وفا خلیقی vafakh9 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 09:00:01 CET 2009

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 6:47 PM, Arash Zeini <azeini at yahoo.com> wrote:

> [...]

Hi

> This is what I use in the preamble and it works for me:
>

> \TeXXeTstate=1

Why do you have that? We are not typesetting right to left, Right?

> \documentclass[xetex]{beamer}

No need for this, it is just fine to say \documentclass{beamer} because now
hyperref recognises xetex.

> \usepackage{xltxtra,fontspec,xunicode}
> \defaultfontfeatures{Mapping=tex-text}
> \setmainfont{Gentium} % your choice of font
> \newfontfamily{\avestan}{Gentium Basic} % For Avestan quotations
> [...]
> \begin{document}
> \begin{frame}{Early Veneration}
>    \begin{verse}
>      \textit{{\avestan SOMETHING IN AVESTAN}}
>    \end{verse}
> \end{frame}
> \end{document}

\avestan should work with no problem because you are activating it after
\begin{document}, but the question were how to set beamer so that it uses
the main font which is specified via \setmainfont. In your case, we want to
have Gentium. I think it is not nice to put \avestan to indicate that we
want to typeset something in that font. If you want to typeset the whole
documents in the font you specified via \setmainfont, you can do it either
by what I said in my previous email or by having
\AtBeginDocument{\setmainfont[<options>]{<font-name>}

Hope this helps

--
VK